Episode 010: Personality Tendencies According to Myers Briggs
Please remember our disclaimer: Everything we say on the podcast and all content on our web sites or social media is intended as general information only. Consuming our content does not constitute a client relationship. The general information we share is not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, diagnosis or treatment.
iTunes listeners: Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW. As a reminder, here’s a quick video on how and why to do that. BECAUSE! When you leave a review, and email me that you did it, I will send you a free 30-day ebook with one healthy habit to incorporate each day. It’s a roadmap to boundless energy and a new level of wellness. I hope you’ll leave a review (and email me!) so you can snag it.
Quick reminder of the dream team that makes all this happen:
- Web Developer: Maher Khamiss of OrbitZen
- Graphic Design: Alyssa Hopkins of The Lovely Lyss
- Online Marketing: Abby McLain of The Laptop Entrepreneur
- Podcast Music & Production: Drew Kellough
If you listened to previous episodes, you’ll recall that we “theme” our discussions by calendar month. And for the month of June, we’re talking about Relationships – specifically, marriages or romantic relationships that might be headed there. But a lot of what we talk about this month is applicable to other family and friend relationships as well. (Catch up with Episode 007, Episode 008, and Episode 009).
Announcements: Reminder to join our podcast Facebook group, if you haven’t already, and to use that group to post any comments, questions or reactions once you’ve listened to each week’s episode. We try to go live in there every now and then when we are together!
Updates: I mentioned in Episode 008 how excited I was to start working with Beautycounter! — a beauty products company dedicated to getting safer products into the hands of everyone. They have safe versions of everything from sunscreen to makeup to kids and baby products, but my current obsession is the overnight resurfacing “no-peel” peel . This is the product I had a “peel party” for so people could try it and wake up the next morning feeling the difference right away. It’s incredible on the backs of my arms and hands, too.
Haley’s update is that she finally created a free gift for visitors to her web site! It’s called “5 Ways To Teach Your Significant Other How to Love You.” We’re working on getting it up on her site, but I’ll send a message out to MY (Meghan’s) newsletter list as soon as it’s ready. If you’re not on my list shoot me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and just say “ADD ME!”
Here’s what we discuss in Episode 010 – Personality Tendencies According to Myers Briggs:
If you want to take a free version of the test for yourself, you can find one here at 16 Personalities.
The four categories are:
- I / E – Introvert or Extrovert
- Based on how we process thoughts (internally vs externally) as well as how we gain our energy (with others or alone)
- S / N – Sensing or Intuition
- Sensing personalities tend to be more concrete thinkers (They ask “How”). Intuiting personalities tend to be more abstract thinkers (They ask “Why”).
- T / F – Thinker or Feeler
- This is the only category where gender seems to play a role — approximately 75% of females test as “Feelers” and 25% of males test as “Feelers.” This has to do with how we make decisions. Be careful not to equate “Feelers” with being “sensitive” and not to equate “Thinkers” as being intelligent. Those are separate traits and can belong to either Thinkers or Feelers.
- J / P – Judging or Perceiving
- J’s tend to value structure, whereas P’s tend to value spontaneity.
Rules for navigating personality differences:
- There is no right or wrong tendency. It’s analogous to being right- or left-handed. One is not better; they are just different.
- Sometimes we have to use “our left hand” or operate in a tendency that’s opposite of our natural inclination in order to show love to our partner.
- Use this Myers Briggs language to communicate your needs (i.e., “I’m thinking about this abstractly and you’re in concrete-mode,” or “You’re introverting and it’s making me feel like you don’t really care”).
This week, take the free test and identify your Myers Briggs Personality Typing. Use it to understand yourself and your partner better as you communicate this week. Let us know your results over in the Nourish Joy Podcast Community on Facebook. Or send an email to email@example.com. We SERIOUSLY love to hear from you!
Haley’s Highlight: She created her free PDF resource for her web site! — and under the timeline” of a “P.” 🙂
Meghan’s Lowlight: I need help in my business! I just feel constantly behind. The work is growing past my capacity to do it all myself and it’s time to build a team. If you enjoy graphic design, have experience with WordPress, or coordinating live events, or really any other gifts that might lend themselves to working in an online health and wellness business, PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL. 🙂
Free Gift for you!
We’re shooting for:
- A bunch of Subscribers, so please click Subscribe in whatever platform you listen on (email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have trouble). This is helpful for growing the show, in terms of the type of guests and opportunities we can bring you as listeners. The more subscribers, the better the show gets! Here’s that video I created on how and why to RATE, REVIEW & SUBSCRIBE.
- A bunch of REVIEWS … like, 200. This is the number-one way to make sure more people find out about us, and grow this wellness-minded community. If you leave a review, screenshot it (or copy and paste) and send in an email to email@example.com, I will send you a FREE 30-day ebook with one new habit to focus on each day. It’s really robust but also really actionable. I know you will LOVE it.
- Group Coaching with Meghan: If this is the month you’re ready to really take control of your health goals, I’d love to have you in one of my online Challenge groups! Click here for more info.
- Stay in the loop: If you’d like to get my weekly emails, with highlights from the blog, podcast, Instagram + a first look at any new resources or announcements, click here to email me and just say “ADD”!
- Connect with me and Haley + other listeners: If you’re not already part of the Nourish Joy Podcast Community on Facebook, come join us! We go live in the group as much as we can to answer your questions about the episodes, or whatever’s on your mind!
- Go behind the scenes: If you’re on Instagram, I post in my Stories daily, and would love for you to follow along and connect with me over there!
Have a Nourishing and Joyful weekend!